Ruger Pistol Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
As I live in Oregon I ordered my LG-431 directly from the factory in Wilsonville, Oregon. Ordered it last Thursday and it arrived via UPS the next day.

I set about installing in on my LCP. Read the directions and it went on just like that! I am not used to things working our for me so easily but this seems to be the exception.

Bullets went where they were supposed to! I am still waiting for something to go wrong. So far, so very, very, good ;D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
dairycreek said:
Bullets went where they were supposed to! I am still waiting for something to go wrong. So far, so very, very, good ;D
Hee hee, reminds me of the first time I shot my LCP with the CT, got 5 shots off before the extractor launched itself into orbit...aaarrghh! (I have to admit, it was my fault, hadn't seated the extractor all the way the last time I had it out :-[ )
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Am I the only one who can't keep his finger on the switch after firing? After every shot, I have to re-position my middle finger on the switch in order to get the laser to shine. That situation is NOT good for me.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Krieg said:
Am I the only one who can't keep his finger on the switch after firing? After every shot, I have to re-position my middle finger on the switch in order to get the laser to shine. That situation is NOT good for me.
You're not the lone ranger. There are some posts on this concern on the Crimson Trace forum. Here is my post on the subject. http://forums.crimsontrace.com/index.php?topic=34150.msg8763#msg8763. I'd encourage you to add your own thoughts on the subject.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Krieg said:
This does not sound good in a SD situation, where you do not have time to be repostioning your finger, JMHO.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Indy Man said:
Krieg said:
This does not sound good in a SD situation, where you do not have time to be repostioning your finger, JMHO.
I can usually get the dot back on by squeezing harder, but it is still disconcerting. Occasionally, repositioning is required. That is not good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Something that might help:

After struggling with the grip issue I've found a grip that seems to be the best at activating the laser on demand.

http://www.shootingusa.com/

If you go to the Shooting USA website and look at the bottom of the page, there's a link for a series of shooting lessons from Jerry Miculek. If you click on the link a window opens with a series of lessons. The first lesson is on revolver grip and it runs for 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

At the 1:24 left mark, Jerry goes over a grip for the J frame revolvers that seems to work very well. I've tried it on the J frames with success and I tried it on the LCP as well. I was having trouble getting the laser to activate reliably after a draw, but after changing to this grip I can reliably activate the laser and I can recover the dot from shot to shot simply by pinching down again with my left hand. The LCP sits high enough in the hand that the slide doesn't whack your thumb. The front to back "pinch" you can exert with this modified grip helps get that strong hand middle finger down on the activation button.

So far it's the best grip I've found for managing these small pistols.

·
Registered
17 Posts
John_Wayne777 said:
Something that might help:

After struggling with the grip issue I've found a grip that seems to be the best at activating the laser on demand.

http://www.shootingusa.com/

If you go to the Shooting USA website and look at the bottom of the page, there's a link for a series of shooting lessons from Jerry Miculek. If you click on the link a window opens with a series of lessons. The first lesson is on revolver grip and it runs for 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

At the 1:24 left mark, Jerry goes over a grip for the J frame revolvers that seems to work very well. I've tried it on the J frames with success and I tried it on the LCP as well. I was having trouble getting the laser to activate reliably after a draw, but after changing to this grip I can reliably activate the laser and I can recover the dot from shot to shot simply by pinching down again with my left hand. The LCP sits high enough in the hand that the slide doesn't whack your thumb. The front to back "pinch" you can exert with this modified grip helps get that strong hand middle finger down on the activation button.

So far it's the best grip I've found for managing these small pistols.
Thanks for the link John. I'm going to try that next range trip. It seems like it might work!

·
Registered
705 Posts
YIPEE!!!!!!!!! I just got a Crimson Trace LG-431 for an early Christmas present. My roomie asked what I wanted,I showed her :) She wrote me a check and say buy it. Its a done deal. Totally stoked.... "PS" I wanted to thank the (elsiepea) store for allowing me to receive the major discount from your Crimson Trace sponser as well :) Thanks Again.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Mokanracer said:
YIPEE!!!!!!!!! I just got a Crimson Trace LG-431 for an early Christmas present. My roomie asked what I wanted,I showed her :) She wrote me a check and say buy it. Its a done deal. Totally stoked....
Better hang on to that woman Mokan, sounds like a keeper! :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ooben said:
Mokanracer said:
YIPEE!!!!!!!!! I just got a Crimson Trace LG-431 for an early Christmas present. My roomie asked what I wanted,I showed her :) She wrote me a check and say buy it. Its a done deal. Totally stoked....
Better hang on to that woman Mokan, sounds like a keeper! :)
She was impressed with your response to my post. Thanks Ooben. I got some points :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mokanracer said:
YIPEE!!!!!!!!! I just got a Crimson Trace LG-431 for an early Christmas present. Totally stoked.... "PS" I wanted to thank the (elsiepea) store for allowing me to receive the major discount from your Crimson Trace sponser as well :) Thanks Again.

"
My roomie asked what I wanted,I showed her :) She wrote me a check and say buy it. "Its a done deal. "

That sounds great, but i have one question for you.

Who's checkbook did she use? ;D

·
Registered
705 Posts
HA HA!!!!! Not mine. My Money is my money,her money is her money.. But I pay all of the bills,still a nice surprise..She says it gets put up till Christmas,I can deal with that :) But Im gonna have to order a new rear pocket "CT" Holster now. Prob from Hidden Holsters, above.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Mokanracer said:
HA HA!!!!! Not mine. My Money is my money,her money is her money.. But I pay all of the bills,still a nice surprise..She says it gets put up till Christmas,I can deal with that :) But Im gonna have to order a new rear pocket "CT" Holster now. Prob from Hidden Holsters, above.
What? Wait till Christmas? Do you know where she hides the packages? I can show you how to open stuff without anyone knowing.... ;D

·
Registered
705 Posts
LOL.. I just got approval to buy one of those little MICRO RC Helicopters. She gave me the $ for that. Said it gets put up too :) She must be in a good mood. Im a toy/gadget nut...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mokanracer said:
LOL.. I just got approval to buy one of those little MICRO RC Helicopters. She gave me the $ for that. Said it gets put up too :) She must be in a good mood. Im a toy/gadget nut...
RUN!!!!! RUN, WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! IT IS OPERANT CONDITION OF THE WORST KIND!!!!!!!

"I just got approval to buy"

"she gave me the $$$$$$$$$$$$"

" Said it gets put up too"

now, it is approval to buy what she wants you to have(of course it is her money).

next, When it becomes"our" money she will have laid the foundation for total female domination.

By the way if you are shacking up, why are you paying all of the bills?

if you split the bills, then you wouldn't have to depend on her giving you money to buy what she approves/disapproves of.

oh don't give her anymore power over your of mind. She already possesses leveraging tools.
don't give her a rope to snare you with. lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ding,ding hear the bell! ;)

PS. i have always wanted one of those, but my wife said that i didn't need one!!! They are cool!!!!!

best regards,
X

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: CT LG-431 review

Ooben said:
I got to try my CT this weekend, all I have to say is: 2 inch groups, 10 yards, as fast as I could pull the trigger with the dot on target.

Ok, I have one more thing to say, I sure wish this little pistol had better sights on it. I know I'll hear that it is only a defensive firearm only good to 10 feet or so..... but it has so much more potential than that, I like knowing that any pistol I'm carrying is accurate at longer distances even if it may not ever be used that way......
Regards,
Mike

25 feet !

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
The only two issues I have with the laser are that it doesn't have a switch in the event you don't want it on. If by some chance you carry your LCP without one in the pipe untill after your recall there is no way or I should say it would be very difficult to chamber a round without the laser being on.
The second issue is the store has just dropped their price two weeks after I bought mine. :)

41 - 60 of 70 Posts