Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the wallet holsters AOW? They are from concealed comfort. I am going to TRY and get an answer from the ATF. I know they classified some as such, which means you have to go through the hoops to get one that is legally.
thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
AOW? Any Other Weapon? I dont see how a custom made IWB holster is any different from a custom made wallet holster. I have never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went to their site and I am going to order one of these. The video on the site is pretty convincing. Doesn't look like this is a quick draw system, but I bet with a bit of practice one could get pretty proficient. And "one size" fits all, thats a concept in itself!!! And it'll handle a weapon with a CT installed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
sidroski said:
Are the wallet holsters AOW? They are from concealed comfort. I am going to TRY and get an answer from the ATF. I know they classified some as such, which means you have to go through the hoops to get one that is legally.
thanks
Great question. It took a little digging, but it would appear that Mr. Morrison anticipated your concerns and got a ruling from the BATF.

http://www.concealedcomfort.com/ATF-KelTecLetter.pdf

·
Registered
119 Posts
HowardCohodas said:
sidroski said:
thanks
Great question. It took a little digging, but it would appear that Mr. Morrison anticipated your concerns and got a ruling from the BATF.

http://www.concealedcomfort.com/ATF-KelTecLetter.pdf
Speaking of digging...

IBC works for me. No fancy rigs and holsters. Might take a little more time to deploy than IWB, but with practice it can work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
tawcat said:
Not to sound stupid, but I am Polish! I must not understand at all the "AOW" concerns.
You are not the only one...

If it deemed an AOW, does that mean that you are not allowed to carry it?

That would be my biggest concern.

·
Registered
935 Posts
They are talking about "Banned" weapons. Here is a link to 26 USC 5845
Not only can you not carry, you can not possess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just watched the video for the concealed comfort holster. Thinking about getting one of those as I have not been able to find a holster yet that works for the way I dress. Strictly fitted jeans and a shirt tucked in. Plus it will work for several guns I have. Hope it's as good as it looks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ladybug said:
Just watched the video for the concealed comfort holster. Thinking about getting one of those as I have not been able to find a holster yet that works for the way I dress. Strictly fitted jeans and a shirt tucked in. Plus it will work for several guns I have. Hope it's as good as it looks.

Atfirst I was like... dang, either you have REALLY bad taste in dressing... or you're a total cross dresser...

Should have looked to see who the author of the posting was first!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still think I might get some funny looks. Like I have a lopsided package on a cross dresser. Found some reviews online for that holster, none of which sounded very good.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ladybug said:
OK, not to sound dumb, but would you please post a link to this video you are all talking about? Concealed Comfort Holster?? As I,m looking for a new holster that will fit my LCP with CT.. Thanks ( Well I looked at the Cell Pal hidden holsters,read Roy Hunington story, and now understand every ones dielema of comfortable concealed carry. I,m guessing it doesnt exsist.) Yes I am one of those that has several holsters for diff hand guns. I end up carrying my P-32 in a soft nylon holster in my back pocket. Which if some one was close behind me and looked down,prob could see the top of it. I want desperatley to carry my LCP with CT. Just want to be sure when I spend 50 to 75 dollars again,its gonna some what be ok.. Whats every one else using? Maybe there could be a thread so every one could compare notes, sure would help to hear every ones own experience and reccomendations.. Thanks..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I understand Any Other Weapon holsters were the older wallet holsters that concealed the slide (!) and had a trigger finger hole. I've been told they require a license and $200 fee to use with a compatible pocket pistol.

The newer style "wallet" holsters use a cutaway design that the BATF presently seems to find in compliance. The slide is exposed, making it much more obvious a pistol is in the hand.

The concealed comfort design seems to accomodate just about any pistol - if their is enough room for the trigger guard of a 1911, I suspect the CT will fit just fine, as it is less deep in profile.

Great update of the older Pager Pal design, and one I see could be used by anyone with nearly any pistol - cross draw or straight up.

The common use of cell phones sure helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts