Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here done a comparison between these two versions? I have an LC9, and it's OK, but I do like and prefer a "striker" fired pistol. Since I've owned my Glock 23, I've gotten a "like" for the 3½ pound trigger pull, rather than the double action used on the LC9.

If you didn't own/have an LC9s, which other brand would you use in 9mm?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anybody here done a comparison between these two versions?
I first handled the LC9 in my LGS and was put off by the trigger. Up to that point, my experience had been hammer fired pistols, so I was fine with the action, and I have issues with the grip angle on the Glock, which translated into hesitation towards striker fired in general (no logic there, sorry), so I was not predisposed to the LC9s. When I tried it, the trigger, grip angle, and size, combined to overcome my striker preconceptions. I have since had an opportunity to fire the LC9
(and own the LC9s Pro) and the LC9 is not bad, but not 'special' in the same way the LC9s is
(that and my modified trigger pull is now <2 lbs and short).

If you didn't own/have an LC9s, which other brand would you use in 9mm?
The only small pistol that has some of the 'feel' of the LC9s that I have handled (but not shot) is the Sig P365. Well the Taurus G3C maybe, but it's a Taurus, so no.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The only small pistol that has some of the 'feel' of the LC9s that I have handled (but not shot) is the Sig P365. Well the Taurus G3C maybe, but it's a Taurus, so no.
I have a Taurus PT111G2 (the first in the "G" series 9mm's) and it runs like a top. I would not hesitate to put it in my carry rotation. I did recently (yesterday) order an EC9s. Can't wait to get it!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I only have the LC9 so I can't offer a comparison of the two. But for me personally, I prefer the double action for concealed carry. The LC9 serves it's purpose very well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't have a LC9,you asked about other 9mm.Well I have a few a Taurus Millennium PT 111 G2 9mm, Sig P365 9mm & I just picked up a Ruger EC9s 9 mm last week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts