Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how often one should take down and clean lcp or any other pistol. After each shooting or after a certain round count ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
I at least run a patch through it after it's been fired, it, even if it's only one round. I'll disassemble it and clean it after a couple magazines have went down range. It might sound strange, but before reloaded and holstered for carry, I always make sure that there are no barrel obstructions..... I don't want any Brandon Lee issues.....

SK
 
G

·
I field strip and clean it after shooting every time, including the magazines. A clean weapon is a happy weapon!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Daryl said:
I field strip and clean it after shooting every time, including the magazines. A clean weapon is a happy weapon!!!


+++++1

i have to agree, but i don't clean the magazines very often as the pistol.

another point to remember is that the lcp has very little to offer in the corrosion barrier protection dept. so these guns must be kept well oiled and wiped down.


So, a well cleaned /oiled weapon insures that it is protected from the elements which also helps in the smooth regulation of it's function when needed.


it would be nice if was tenefered though . ;D


best regards,
x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I agree that the LCP should be cleaned after every time you fire it, the fact is that its a carry weapon for most who own them and a carry weapon should be as clean as possible as to assure it will go bang if need be an just the fact that it has a short barrel says it will be a dirty lil thang.

xenicintelligence said:
another point to remember is that the lcp has very little to offer in the corrosion barrier protection dept. so these guns must be kept well oiled and wiped down.
The LCP has as much to offer as any blued steel pistol as far as metal protection, as well as a polymer frame so it actually offers a bit more than an all steel pistol where corrosion is concerned. ALL carry weapons must be kept well oiled and maintained if they are expected to be as reliable as when they were slid into your pocket. YMMV of course :)

Nietz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I clean my LCP after shooting it. Without fail! Once a week I coat the slide with eezox http://www.eezox.info/ I spray some in the cap and have a small brush to (so to say) paint the slide. I allow it to dry before wiping it off. I do this to all my duty weapons. Glocks, LCP, AR and tactical shotgun. It provides protective coating that is second to none.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Robert said:
Just wondering how often one should take down and clean lcp or any other pistol. After each shooting or after a certain round count ?
Carry weapons, clean after shooting and depending upon condtions (dust, dirt, etc) between firing.

Competition pistols (Glock 17 & 34) every 600 rounds or so....A friend fired a Glock 17 5000 rounds before cleaning without a single malfunction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I'll second the Eezox, applied to the bore via q-tip, with a quick wipe of the outside of the slide. I'm still a bit leery of getting a bunch of lube on the polymer.

After quite a few more rounds, I will scrub the bore a bit more. Right now, I'm mostly concerned with rust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I'm a happy Eezox user as well.

It can be hard to find in your local area, though.

Paul Almashy at www.eezox.com has been really great to deal with with Internet orders. Fast and professional.

I'll email him and let him know we're talking about his product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Its so easy to takedown, why wouldn't you clean it after firing. It ain't stainless you know.
Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
pec-memphis said:
Robert said:
Just wondering how often one should take down and clean lcp or any other pistol. After each shooting or after a certain round count ?
Carry weapons, clean after shooting and depending upon condtions (dust, dirt, etc) between firing.

Competition pistols (Glock 17 & 34) every 600 rounds or so....A friend fired a Glock 17 5000 rounds before cleaning without a single malfunction.
back when the G19 was introduced, I shot 10,000 rounds through my G19 and never cleaned it, went bang every time and they were all my reloads also. Owned a gun business back then and wanted to prove to myself and others the durability of the glocks as back then they were the new polymer gun on the block..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
I run my Glock 36 almost dry..hardly any lube. My Sig P232 with just a bit of grease on the frame rails. My old Ruger Standard MK l, well we won't talk about that one.
Is there a website that shows field and/or detail stripping of the LCP and lube technics?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top