Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you can purchase .22LR CCI Velocitor? I want to use it in my Ruger Mark IV Hunter.
Many Thanks JB

·
Registered
622 Posts
Does anyone know where you can purchase .22LR CCI Velocitor? I want to use it in my Ruger Mark IV Hunter.
Many Thanks JB
Most all .22 Long Rifle ammunition these days is "unobtanium", as it gets snap[ped up as soon as it appears on the shelves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most all .22 Long Rifle ammunition these days is "unobtanium", as it gets snap[ped up as soon as it appears on the shelves.
Ya that's what I was afraid of; even CCI web site has none. I'll be glad when the crazy buying panic is over and ammo starts showing up on shelves on on on line order companies.
Thanks for the reply SGW Gunsmith
JB

·
Registered
622 Posts
to the forum JCB22. Hope you hang around often.

^^^^Amen to that! I get down to "Scheel's All Sport" down in Eau Claire, WI every now and then, and always look to see what's on the ammunition shelves there. Last time I was, they had some CCI Mini-Mags, "one-box per customer". SCHEEESH!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much SPARKYV. Just went there and ordered some. Last time I was there nothing was available for 90% of their ammo. Thanks again
JB

·
Registered
622 Posts
They had more the other day, so I ordered another batch. It pays to check often.

·
Registered
622 Posts
The BIG BROWN truck brought my 5 box shipment the other day, so now I have 750 rounds to run through some rifles with 20 to 27 inch barrel lengths. Will see what the velocities are at more than one inch from the muzzle and more like 50 to 75 yards. This way the calculated foot pounds of energy should be much more realistic:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the MK IV 22/45 that I shoot in local BE matches. I have fired around 2,000 CCI standard velocity rounds in the past several years. Today I was bothered by the bolt failing to go into battery by 3/8th of an inch several times. When I pushed it closed it fired, but did not help in timed and rapid fire matches, This might have happened 5 times today.
The pistol is cleaned after each match, and I used Break Free on the first round of each mag and applied more on the bolt after each occurrence.
I am wondering if this can be fixed with a spring kit, or what other cure would help.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have the MK IV 22/45 that I shoot in local BE matches. I have fired around 2,000 CCI standard velocity rounds in the past several years. Today I was bothered by the bolt failing to go into battery by 3/8th of an inch several times. When I pushed it closed it fired, but did not help in timed and rapid fire matches, This might have happened 5 times today.
The pistol is cleaned after each match, and I used Break Free on the first round of each mag and applied more on the bolt after each occurrence.
I am wondering if this can be fixed with a spring kit, or what other cure would help.
You may have already done this but check the pocket that the extractor goes into in the right side of the breech face. It is possible that the extractor being coated with some lube is bringing some gunk along with it into that socket and hindering the extractor from going in there. Also, check the extractor and see if you can easily swing it out to the right and then see if it snaps back into the bolt. Could be just a problem with gunk build up in those places.
Hard to diagnose without having your pistol on my bench.

And by-the-way...................
to the forum.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dale B. Did you get the stuck bolt issue resolved OK? Hope it was nothing any more serious than some extended cleaning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts