1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have both Magguts system (I'm currently using in two of my OEM mags) and Impact Gun's +1 extension. I think I tried the very combination just to see if the "7+1" idea would work. No, it did not work reliably. If my memory serves, it was because the springs of Magguts system are not long enough for the extended mag tube, even though you can put 8 rounds of ammo in it.... (I think I posted the result in an old thread somewhere...)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing. SmokyT.

Last Tuesday, Eric Galloway responded to my question and said that combining these two products could not be done, because the spring rates in his product are designed to work with the standard magazine size.

So I wonder when he will design some springs where it will work.
:tennis:

7+1 is better than 6+1, but wouldn't 8+1 be even better?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Reactions: legelegel

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much. I'll call them Monday and let you know what they said.
Was told by Custom Gun Springs that it would not be economically feasible for a small number of magazines. Basically they were not interested in doing this on their end.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Was told by Custom Gun Springs that it would not be economically feasible for a small number of magazines. Basically they were not interested in doing this on their end.
Bummer about the spring company. I'm sure there are others. Also plenty of info about spring making, changing shapes, and re-tempering at the library and the net. Your project may be solved by simply stretching a spring and re-tempering. Or maybe just try the MagGuts and +1 extension your self if you haven't already. The poster that said id didn't work may be wrong. He could have assembled the mag wrong or simply had the first version MagGuts follower. I wish all the parts were in front of me so I could try.
Keep us informed, your idea is great! Denny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts