Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about that, a Judge overturned the CA assault weapon ban. I didn't think this would ever happen.
I am worried about the universal background check the dem's are pushing. That would be terrible. Denny

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

Registered
Seems like all it took was finding a Judge that still had a "pair" and understands what the 2nd Amendment means. I'll bet Feinstein and Schumer both needed a pint of Pepto Bimal after they read that finding. 馃憤

Reactions: ammodotcom

Premium Member
My favorite firearm will always be my Ruger Standard with sights painted white by my grandfather
Good for him. Hopefully he doesn't commit suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head multiple times.

Reactions: Low Friction

Registered
This district court judge also overturned the California standard capacity magazine ban and mail-order ammo purchase bans. In those cases his rulings were overturned by the 9th circuit court of appeals. At least gun owners on the left coast were able to purchase thousands of standard capacity mags during the brief window between court rulings.

We'll see what happens to this case as it moves through the appeals process.

Registered
India New Jobs Provide All India New Jobs Free Job Notice . All New Online & Offline Job Form Updates. Latest Jobs Admit Card , Syllabus Result, Answer Key Updates. The Pattern Of Government Occupations In Indian Culture Has Grown Quick. Seeing The Different Kinds Of Advantages Related With The Public Authority Work, The Competitor Of The Public Authority Work Is Considered Fortunate To Do An Administration Work.

Registered
How about that, a Judge overturned the CA assault weapon ban. I didn't think this would ever happen.
I am worried about the universal background check the dem's are pushing. That would be terrible. Denny

This could be overturned in a higher court. Congress could pass something to over turn it, like they did the 'Safe Schools Act'.

This battle is never over.

Registered
What is so bad about having universal background checks? If you have a clean past,...... buy, own whatever, how many ever. If not.....right forfeited unless deserves proven.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UBC's (universal background checks) will turn a right into a government-granted privilege. I know there are regulations but most are legally avoidable. UBC's for the first time will make merely acquiring a firearm, any firearm illegal without government permission.
UBC's won't do a thing to stop crime. Criminals will get them the usual way by committing crimes. Violent crazies will get them the way the Newtown murderer got them. Killing a family member or the way the Aurora theater killer got them, with a squeaky clean record, he passes a background check via multiple FFL's.
If the government has complete control over who is legally "allowed" to own a firearm, this could end up meaning nobody is "allowed". Is NICS down? Has your region been declared a disaster area? (think Katrina) Is the database corrupted? Does the President or some other bureaucrat simply decide to halt the system? Oh, the possibilities!
UBC's will bring insane backlogs which can only be solved with bigger government and increased bureaucracy.
UBC's will lead to gun registration. In most states gun registration is illegal. Here in Idaho the government has no clue what firearms we have except for corrupt NSA, DEA, FBI, ATF, illegally copping gun shop paperwork.
Registration leads to confiscation. We may not see troops going door to door, but in states that have post-Newtown laws people are being ordered to surrender their arms. That's only possible if the government knows where the guns are. With UBC's they will know.
the prohibited persons list that is checked for UBCs is getting bigger and crazier all the time. Most agree violent criminals and dangerously mentally ill should not have firearms and that's a nice theory but they are digging into peoples past. The subject is too big to talk about here but look into what DSM-5 defines as reasons to be put on the black list. I could be considered too sick to own a firearm because 10 years ago I seeked Dr's advice to deal with a high-stress job.
UBC's imposed at state levels are ghastly. I-594 passed by voters in Washington was so poorly written that it may be a crime to simply hand your weapon to a friend
There is a lot more negative aspects about UBC's and the worse thing about them is that control freaks have hit on something they may be able to win. Most ill-informed, heavily propagandized voters will think these new background checks will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and violent lunatics but that's not what the purpose of the change is meant to accomplish. Denny

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

Registered
^^^^^^^Very true! Every time a phone call or internet check is done with the ATF, they then know, who, what, when, where a firearm was purchased. They still don't know, or can determine, if it was a "straw-man" purchase.
Some even will lie on the 4473 Form and claim they never have used drugs. I think I recently read where somebody just like that was publicly exposed as doing such a thing. 馃槻

1 - 9 of 9 Posts