Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought LCP ii 22 today and have had multiple fail to feed. So far about 10 fail to feed with Federal target ammo in 100 rounds, then about that many plus 3 fail to fire with Armscor 100 rounds. Started to get dark but did 40 rounds of Eley. Better, one fail to feed on last round in magazine.
Do i need to go ahead and take it back to get it checked out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Had the same problem with mine with numerous ammo, especially the Federals. The last two session of shooting, I found the Remington Goldens to run the best. Definitely the preferred ammo for this gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Didnt have golden bullet but Aguila Superextra ran 2 mags with no feed issue, so did Federal high velocity.
The Eley Club had one failure in 40 rounds
The CCI AR Tactical had one in 40 rounds
Remington Thunderbolts had 6 in 20
Remington Viper had 6 in 20
Federal Target bulk pack had 12 in 60
Armscor had 5 in 30 with 3 light strikes

When i can find your suggested rounds I will give them a try.

·
Registered
449 Posts
My LCPII22LR has been running good still after 1,550 rounds. Very few if any issues. I put a Hogue's Beavertail grip on mine.
Ammo is not on the shelves as much these days. These are what I have used with good results. Check your GRIP and tune your GRIP. Keep at it and good luck.
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
Blazer 22LR 40gr LRN 1255fps
Blazer 22LR 38gr. 1235fps. LRN
Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
Federal 22LR 36gr 1260fps CPHP
Both of ours cycle the above ammo with out issue. I take a lot of heat from people because I report no issues. I have NO issues to report. They both shoot for us. I really hope you can get some ammo and keep training. Good luck and enjoy. If you are in Ohio contact me.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
The little weapons should shoot most if not all 22LR ammo. If rclark28 owns a couple of them that run flawlessly then they all should. Send them back to Ruger as many times it takes to get it right. My opinion. Den

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lol, I am not sending back the gun to Ruger because one person has one that runs flawless on any ammo. Even the manual say's to use high velocity ammo. I never once thought before purchase that it would eat any ammo made flawlessly, especially 22.cal. I would not even make such a ridiculous call to Ruger. Could very well be something as simple as a recoil spring modification. I knew what I was getting into when I bought a new 22.cal fresh on the market. I am not that impatient and have been around guns long enough to sort things out first before just making phone calls and sending a gun back. When you get one, do as you wish. But you might actually get one first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for feedback.. i do have a problem dropping my wrist on my 38, but not here, well?, I don't think i do. Anyway, just for the heck of it I put 50 rounds of Gemco subsonics (1050 f/s) and only had one failure. Anyway it seems to be a mix of brand and velocity, just not clear cut

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think it is most likely the recoil spring.Normally I rack a slide before shooting and let the recoil spring take a set for 48 hrs. They seem to get better with other ammo with progressive amount of ammo fired through it. Kind of a strange gun. All one hand you have a light racking, but on the other hand it seems to have a heavy recoil spring. I have a Bersa that was a nightmare for feeding. I corrected most of the problems by cutting the recoil spring back. Now it eats most standard ammo as opposed to just high Velocity. I have not tried the new after market spring as of yet. That might be a solution. Right now it is shooting Remington Goldens just fine and I have thousands of them in stock, so not that big of a deal.
As I said, I much prefer the LCR22 which is about as flawless a 22.cal as I have ever seen. And a lot better trigger and IMO much more fun to shoot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just bought LCP ii 22 today and have had multiple fail to feed. So far about 10 fail to feed with Federal target ammo in 100 rounds, then about that many plus 3 fail to fire with Armscor 100 rounds. Started to get dark but did 40 rounds of Eley. Better, one fail to feed on last round in magazine.
Do i need to go ahead and take it back to get it checked out.
Always Clean & Lube before use ! Then break in with a box of 40 grain copper plated round nose. Then Clean and lube then try the CCI Velocitor Copper Plated Hollow Point .I purchased a Ruger LCP II .22LR Lite Rack Pistol since they hit the shelfs and in over 1000 rounds of testing not one pistol malfunction I was trying to find the most accurate , most reliable 40 Grain .22 LR Bullet .I have found the CCI Velocitor .22 LR copper plated hollow point to be the Fastest at 1435 FPS, It's the most reliable , most accurate 40 grain .22 LR ammo on the market. I have even taken Large & Medium game with it killing several Feral Hogs & Coyotes with it , taking one Hog with a single shot from a Ruger 10/ 22 Rifle at 60 yards over bait killing a Boar 585 Pounds with a single shot just below his ear. I have taken Coyotes out to 100 yard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My LCPII22LR has been running good still after 1,550 rounds. Very few if any issues. I put a Hogue's Beavertail grip on mine.
Ammo is not on the shelves as much these days. These are what I have used with good results. Check your GRIP and tune your GRIP. Keep at it and good luck.
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
Blazer 22LR 40gr LRN 1255fps
Blazer 22LR 38gr. 1235fps. LRN
Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
Federal 22LR 36gr 1260fps CPHP
Both of ours cycle the above ammo with out issue. I take a lot of heat from people because I report no issues. I have NO issues to report. They both shoot for us. I really hope you can get some ammo and keep training. Good luck and enjoy. If you are in Ohio contact me.
I have the Hogue Beaver Tail Grip also its an awesome addition to the Ruger LCP II Lite rack .22 LR Pistol .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts