Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought any ammo lately? Got an alert from Target Sports today re. 9mm. I opened the email within 1/2 hr., clicked on the address and found the ammo gone already. 9mm range ammo for 60 cents a round. Who's paying those prices?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Target Sports goes out quick for sure. I have still been looking but thank God I have a supply. I did get some Blazer .45auto last week to bump up my range ammo and had to pay $17.99 per 50 round box. This week it is up to $21.00 with a limit of x2 boxes.
*We padded some supply last month with Target Sports thanks to a heads up from Whiskeyshooter.
*.9mm, .357 and most rimfire has been sold out everywhere around here and prices are up. People are spending what ever they ask.
*Many LGS and clubs are sold out here.
*I have been shooting much more rimfire and I am loving it. We have plenty of centerfire for training but decided to conserve just in case. My wife and I decided last year to keep up our stock for training and self defense. VERY glad we did. What a year 2020 is turning out to be.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Last year I had 37 orders from Target Sports like a few shown below. Was Getting 9mm Wolf/Tula shipped right at my Door for $6.44 per box of 50.
This year I was all set to beat those order and had 27 orders right before the Shortage.

Here is their 9mm page now.

Nada, Nothing Zilch.

This Shortage is all because of the F ing Liberals that can screw up anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Believe me, once the little bit does arrive at the store and the employees call all their buddies and collect a little cash from the customers that slip them a little for the call there is little to none left for us. All the shelves in my area have been completely empty for weeks. I give up. Puttin the guns away. This sucks cuz I am a range monkey, once a week for years. I'm done. Saw a great deal (sarc) on the net for a 1.30 a round for 9mm. Screw them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have given up even looking for ammo in centerfire and rimfire. I have been doing a lot of shotgun training and have been shooting my New inline Muzzle loader. (also Pellet rifles and Pistols). I guess I will not be renewing my TargetSports membership this year. What a shame. A very fine company.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks to Target Sports and stocking up for the past few years I have opted to focus more on rimfire and much less centerfire range time. When it comes time to renew I may just wait too until this political climate gets corrected. I agree Target Sports has been great for me but I have other shooting avenues to focus on for now. Still going to train and shoot but will conserve for rougher times. Things may not get better for awhile.
*Thanks to the left for nothing!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've picked up some .32 acp recently. Right before the pandemic hit I got an email from my LGS that they had a flash sale on a Kel Tec P32. I got it for $99.00. It wasn't high on my list of things I wanted but what the heck, for $99.00 I'm in. I bought a couple of boxes and shot a hundred rounds an it shoots surprisingly well. Well, I didn't have much of a chance to build up my supply, so I've been picking up some of it when I can. It actually hasn't gone up that much if you can find it. Over the last couple of months I've got accumulated 1100 rounds.

And then last week I went into a Dunham Sporting Goods and they had some PMC Bronze in .25 acp. My stepfather has a sweet little classic Colt Jr. that we haven't shot in ages so I picked up a couple hundred rounds. It was kind of pricey, but .25 acp has never been cheap.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also use to be a once a week shooter. That all changed 6 mos. ago when ammo got scarce and pricey. Been to the range one time since. Back in Jan I seem to have a good supply and kept putting off restocking. Then when I did look for ammo, the kind I usually buy was out of stock. I thought it was only a temporary thing. A short time later it seemed like more and more range ammo was out. By the time I realized things were seriously getting tight, it was gone . I use to think " what am I going to do with all this ammo". If and when I get the chance, I'll stock up again.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Reloading supplies are scarce to none in the Country. I'm blessed to have a surplus and have even passed some on to others. Den

·
Registered
431 Posts
Reloading supplies are scarce to none in the Country. I'm blessed to have a surplus and have even passed some on to others. Den
We have done the same! The past x3 months have been a eye opener for many. Too many are caught with NO ammo for their own good. I have put the breaks on helping others with their ammo. Too many are requesting help with range and SD ammo. I will help when I can and when SHTF make sure our needs are met. For now I am conserving ALL ammo for my needs and the safety of my family. So many are asking for ammo it is alarming. My official response is "I lost all my ammo in a boating accident"!
*Amazing that all reloading supplies are sporadic including dies, brass, powder and now some equipment. Thanks to the left we may be in for a very long shortage. IMHO!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just ordered more Buckshot today from Bud's about $1.00 per round. I have been stocking up on Buck for years. It is the only ammo I have bought in months.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is availability beginning to ease a little? I seem to be getting more frequent alerts from TSUSA. Price is still up. 60C/rnd for range ammo and $1/rnd for self defence. Still too much for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts