Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my application for a nonresident CCW from Utah 17 days ago. They did not cash my check yet, is this a bad sign? Or no sign at all. :)

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Re: Are you familiar with Utah CCW??

Can't remember exactly how long it took them to cash my check. Seem like it was took awhile. However did get my permit back in 45 days, sooner then I expected. ;D

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a non-resident Utah permit. It took almost exactly six weeks before they charged my credit card. Once it was charged, the permit arrived in three business (for the mail) days.

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
Give it time, don't forget you are dealing with government style operation. Very SLOW!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was thinking about getting a Utah CC. The thing is, I live in CT and can't get outta here without going through MA or NY. How can I do that?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody I feel better now. The requirements for Florida and Utah are more demanding that even the "new rules" here in Wisconsn. Can't wait till this is all over with here in WI and I can just tuck elsie into a pocket (many to chose from in winter) and join all you fine folks with the right to carry many of which for years now. ;D ;D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stogies said:
I thought the UT requirements were pretty reasonable and easy?
I agree with you Stogies. I am just saying people are complaining about what Wisconsin will require, which is far less than other states, because they may not be familiar with what could be required. :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm a resident..so a little different for me. The state is working through some changes that will show up for non-resident permits ,proly this coming year. it's been a fairly popular non-res permit so yeah, any changes will be interesteing. I'll try to keep you guys posted. One change already: No need to tell law enforcement at first contact of cc permit, or concealed weapon under normal or standard situations, as was required a couple years ago! How do you former and current LEO feel about that change? ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts