Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about it, anyone here use the Opera browser?

The reason I ask is, that I've been using it for about six months and overall, I like it. But for some reason it sometimes acts strange. Some websites like Bud's act real strange with the items for sale flickering from one size to another. Also, when I try to click on some photo attachments in Google or on some forums, it won't open them. I take the link to FireFox, IE or MSN and they open fine.

I've been through all of the settings in Opera and can't seem to find one that will fix my issues.

Inputs/comments welcomed and thanks....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi Outlaw, Opera is my browser of choice, both in Windoze or Linux. Sometimes Opera does behave strangely, I think it has a lot ot do with a web page being optimized for Windoze Internet Explorer. I can't access my online banking account using Opera, it gags and snorts at my password for some reason. I called the banks IT people asking about the problem, their answer was...are you ready.... to use Internet Explorer....figures. So once again, I'm forced to use a Bill Gates product even though I don't want to...sigh
Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I was a user of Opera. There were sufficient anomalies that I switched to FireFox. FireFox has the ability to switch to the IE rendering engine for a given tab to see if the anomaly is resolved. I haven't revisited Opera to see if it now has that capability.

For the congenitally geeky, there is a website that will pass a web page through lots of different browsers automatically. http://browsershots.org/. I wonder why I know about it. ::)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have tried them all and keep going back to Firefox. Never had a problem with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts