Ruger Pistol Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but will say I keep trading and selling j-frames thinking they'll work for my pocket carry lifestyle, BUT my LCP from 2009 is still carried daily...as is my newer second iteration of the LCP...my original LCP will soon take a much needed retirement as "spare" to the newer model. (I am staying away from the LCP2). I do like my BG380, but doesn't carry as well as the LCP. :friendly_wink: And yes...I shoot the LCP every range trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my LCP. It doesn’t malfunction and I can hit with it pretty well. It’s the lightest and slimmest of the LCP’s and I like the minimal sights on the gun. Higher capacity mags are available, too. The LCP II and the Max are great pistols but my original LCP works for me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love my LCP. It doesn’t malfunction and I can hit with it pretty well. It’s the lightest and slimmest of the LCP’s and I like the minimal sights on the gun. Higher capacity mags are available, too. The LCP II and the Max are great pistols but my original LCP works for me.
If it ain't broken......don't "fix" it! The long trigger pull is your friend!! I am not a fan of a 6 pound trigger pull in a striker fired system being carried in a pocket.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well lucky for you all the LCP pistols are hammer fired guns.
Yes they are, but the LCP ll is half cocked so to speak during carry mode. Not what I want in my pocket next to the family jewels. My department does not permit the carry of the LCP ll for that reason. Only the Original LCP (full DAO) is permitted for required off duty carry.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think the original LCP's were the best. I have two of them and - knock on wood! - they have never failed to fire, never jammed, with all kinds of ammo. I foolishly bought the newest LCP Max and even installed a new trigger on it which for me greatly improved it, but I still like the originals the best. I no longer carry them tho. I have switched to .32 revolvers.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts