Ruger Pistol Forums banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought her at Cabelas 1/3/10. Added Crimson Trace laser, 11 pound Wolff recoil spring and polished the barrel.
Loaded her up with 90 gr. JHP Federal Hydra-Shock and have carried her nearly every day since. I really like this gun a lot.
I keep a Ruger SR9C in my car and a Glock 19 by my bedside but the LCP stays on my side. Reliable, accurate and it’s my only sidearm that I can carry and not even realize it’s there. Without a doubt, IMO the best firearm I have ever purchased.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

·
Administrator
4,640 Posts
Yes, I still have my original Elsie and I love it. I carry her everyday and every where I go. :icon_arrow::yeahbaby01:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Bought her at Cabelas 1/3/10. Added Crimson Trace laser, 11 pound Wolff recoil spring and polished the barrel.
Loaded her up with 90 gr. JHP Federal Hydra-Shock and have carried her nearly every day since. I really like this gun a lot.
I keep a Ruger SR9C in my car and a Glock 19 by my bedside but the LCP stays on my side. Reliable, accurate and it’s my only sidearm that I can carry and not even realize it’s there. Without a doubt, IMO the best firearm I have ever purchased.

View attachment 12025
How many rounds thru the LCP do you think?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
My ol' 370 series from 2008 - kinda dusty, so need to clean it again...
Best way to dust it off is to shoot it!............:rugby:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mouse guns are generally carried a lot and shot very little. At least for some of us.

I have a 2 year old Kahr CT380 which is easier to handle (better ergonomics with its longer grip) & softer shooting. It has 300+ rounds through it. But my LCP is the EDC about 75% of the time.

Bought this new Gen 2 over a year ago just because it was so inexpensive ($100 less than my 1st one). Haven't shot it yet, but probably will give it to my granddaughter (age 25) whenever she gets her LTC here in Texas.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yeah , I only shoot mine once in awhile . No need to torture test it . Mine is right where I want it ; it is broken in , proven reliable and a lot of life left in it .

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Yeah , I only shoot mine once in awhile . No need to torture test it . Mine is right where I want it ; it is broken in , proven reliable and a lot of life left in it .
Exactly my philosophy, pennsy, but I would definitely do reliability testing on it before gifting it sometime in the future. If there proves to be a problem, best the original purchaser take care of it while it is new enough for Ruger to easily honor the guarantee and the one gifting works out any possible problems.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Mine has no problems, knock on wood. I just read an interesting thread from a Gen2 owner with a pin walk out problem . Sent it back to Ruger and he was told it needed to be replaced completely. Tells me the guns that are prone to this are out of spec. They either work or don't. What is the update on yours?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Had email they received it on Fri. Haven't heard anything since.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Exactly my philosophy, pennsy, but I would definitely do reliability testing on it before gifting it sometime in the future. If there proves to be a problem, best the original purchaser take care of it while it is new enough for Ruger to easily honor the guarantee and the one gifting works out any possible problems.
I had planned to "break it in" prior to gifting it to my granddaughter. If she decides she doesn't like it, I'll give her the choice of a new Remington RM380 or the S&W Model 38 J-Frame Airweight (made in 1997).

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Yes for deep concealment, the kydex holsters hasn't done the finish well but she got character for sure. Got close to 1000 rounds through it and performs wonderfully, keep an eye on the pins as usual.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I still carry my LCP gen 1. I would normally say every day but since surgery put a permanent chest tube in me (plural effusion) I carry in my pocket when able. Love my Elsie and will always love her. That’s all I have to say about that.

Reactions: petergunn

·
Registered
864 Posts
Do not leave home without it. Might forget my underwear, but not my LCP.

I also have to admit that I have had custom work done on my LCP. Cerakoted slide, ramp polishing, change of sights both from and rear. But I can honestly state that it is my favorite carry firearm.

Also have a new Sig P-938 , but that is still in the case and unfired. Also have two Polish P-64's. But do not carry them either.

Yes ! LCP is a favorite. :encouragement:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Do not leave home without it. Might forget my underwear, but not my LCP.

I also have to admit that I have had custom work done on my LCP. Cerakoted slide, ramp polishing, change of sights both from and rear. But I can honestly state that it is my favorite carry firearm.

Also have a new Sig P-938 , but that is still in the case and unfired. Also have two Polish P-64's. But do not carry them either.

Yes ! LCP is a favorite. :encouragement:
Forgot to mention that I also own two " BERSA THUNDERS ". One in .22 caliber and the other is the concealed model in .380 caliber.

But, I know that my LCP comes first in the to carry decision.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts