Ruger Pistol Forums banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I love my little Elsie Pea. Still carry her daily in the warmer months. Never had a problem with her trigger or reliability in all these years.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like the LCP always have. It changed the pocket carry market & for millions & millions of people it was the answer to what they were looking for.
I like it also because every pistol my wife tried out to take it's place found it's way to me after she went back to her LCP.
But it was not the answer for everyone, Ruger I think saw that & designed the LCP II making just enough changes to sell millions & millions more.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Bought the 1st LCP the local store had. Still carry it frequently. It is not my preferred carry, but in shorts and t-shirt weather it is an easy carry. 7 yds or so I can empty it one handed into a paper plate. Not a pleasant shooter, and sure isn't a range gun, but will get the job done if needed. Mine didn't even have a slide lock, it was added on the barrel recall right after I bought it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought one of the originals but like a nut traded it off. Never got over it so I bought a Gen II when local shop had a sale on them. It is like my billfold, never leave home without it. Have several other handguns but the little LCP is soooo concealable. While some argue about the caliber, with the LCP, it will fit most any clothing/climate situation, unlike a myriad of other firearms.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I just shot through another 58 rnds at my client's home. He has a range built into his basement off his rec-room. (33 ft long, ballistic walls properly vented....the real deal!! haha) Anyway, he wanted to see if he would want to buy an LCP for himself. After shooting it, he decided he would want a larger gun for his hand. The recoil hit his hand just wrong and was painful. It's so important for people to try before they buy!

Anyway, I shot 45 White Box single handed at 5 yards at a relative fast rate and again, my LCP proved to produce a fist-sized grouping at that distance. I then shot my new carry rnd; Precision One HP/XTP ammo 90 grain (no plus p!) standard velocity. Cycled perfectly, POA/POI perfect! With my Hogue Grips it it totally comfortable to shoot even one-handed. I'm loving my LCP so much I may buy it a new holster soon! haha

A little off topic but worth mentioning; I recommend any LCP owner to watch ShootingTheBull410's 380 ammo test on You Tube. I've been carrying Gold Dots for years and I've been meaning to get some Precision One ever since I watch his thorough reviews of 380 ammo for these type of short barreled pistols.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
As long as you're following STB, be sure and check his belated follow-up on Lehigh Extreme Penetrators......he seemed to have become converted on the spot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
As long as you're following STB, be sure and check his belated follow-up on Lehigh Extreme Penetrators......he seemed to have become converted on the spot.
HaHa! OK, this is on my Much Watch List. Thanks. Meanwhile, my LCP is a formidable weapon in a pocket with the PrecisionOne....

The new vid may MAKE me buy more ammo though!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Wait 'til U see the prices on the Lehigh's!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
OK I watched the video of the Lehigh Defense 380's. Yes he seems to rate these a little higher than the Precision Ones despite a slight over penetration of one of the Lehighs.

Lehigh Defense are $26.00 for 20 ends as apposed to similar pricing on Precision One 50 rnds. A BIG difference but I'm not in the habit of going through a ton of defense 380's in a range session.

The Lehigh's may appear in my LCP. I need to do more research on-line.

How do these function in your LCP?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
OK I watched the video of the Lehigh Defense 380's. Yes he seems to rate these a little higher than the Precision Ones despite a slight over penetration of one of the Lehighs.

Lehigh Defense are $26.00 for 20 ends as apposed to similar pricing on Precision One 50 rnds. A BIG difference but I'm not in the habit of going through a ton of defense 380's in a range session.

They seem to function just fine in LCP, LCP Custom and LCP II.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I use the Underwood extreme penetrator(same exact bullet as Lehigh) NON PLUS P, they function perfectly and although some folks say they are still too hot for the LCP, I do not agree. I'm a Glock armorer and I have inspected the pistol after firing these rounds with no ill effects. I do not fire a lot of rounds through my LCP, as I believe it was meant to be carried more than fired, so long as you are TOTALLY proficient with point and shoot(no sights) from 5 yards inn.....a real life practical distance for self defense.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
These bullets have been out for a while now . Yet to hear any feedback on effectiveness or any police department using them . Anyone have any links to related info ?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I still own my bought-new post-recall gen 1 lcp. I tend to carry nines most of the time, so she only comes out these days for an inspection and oil change. The original LCP is a good gun, and I will always keep her. I have a lot of carry choices these days, from 25 acp to 460 Rowland in auto loaders. I would not hesitate to carry my lcp if the mission called for it. She's very, very reliable.

Reactions: ETS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I've got a pair of the originals. One's an all original plain jane,still nib. Other one I upgraded the sights with some photo luminous paint and she's wearing a red Armalaser and got a few things shined up on the inside. Been seeing some really good deals on the Customs lately and kinda got the itch to buy one. Guess that red trigger and the sights makes it a nicer shooter.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yeah I've got a pair of the originals. One's an all original plain jane,still nib. Other one I upgraded the sights with some photo luminous paint and she's wearing a red Armalaser and got a few things shined up on the inside. Been seeing some really good deals on the Customs lately and kinda got the itch to buy one. Guess that red trigger and the sights makes it a nicer shooter.
Wow, member for 8 1/2 years and 6 posts . That has got to be a record .:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, I haven't been here in a while, having drifted away back when the original forum was undergoing whatever changes that resulted in it's incorporation into the Ruger forums. Nor have I been to any gun forums or read any firearms literature - I was spending too much money on stuff! I've just been going to the range periodically and maintaining my weapons.

Consequently, I don't know if I have an original LCP but I suppose I do. It is one of my two EDCs, the other being a Kel-Tec p32, and they both serve me well.

One of the reasons I stopped back is I am interested in replacing my holster. I use a leather pocket holster in my back jeans pocket which fits either weapon. However, in the summer the pockets in cargo shorts are not optimal for the pocket holster. I would like to get a IWB holster that fits my guns and am open to suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I still have an original (post recall, pre design changes). My father has an identical one, but I think he moved that into the safe for his P938.

Sights are low, but still can be used.

For the trigger, I actually prefer it to something shorter/lighter. I grew up on DA/SA... both semi-autos and revolvers. It isn’t an issue on my end.

I actually will probably get a LCP II after I move/change jobs. Main reason is the slide locking back on empty. For me to make a jump to something different, I want to get something in return

41 - 60 of 87 Posts