Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
I still have my original LCP and will carry it if I need a pocket gun. I normally carry my LC9 in a Mitch Rosen holster that I bought from Ruger since it conceals so well. I like my Glock Model 27 but only if it's winter time and I have the clothes on to cover it up.

· Registered
531 Posts
I'm right there with you.... My Gen1 LCP is my constant companion. Did a fluff and buff right out of the box, shoots and bucks like a champ. She has had a couple upgrades but that hasn't changed function or reliability.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well this discussion was a VERY pleasant eye-opener. With all of the videos and discussions of subsequent versions of the LCP, right up to the LCP II, one would think there is not a soul around who sees the virtues of the original LCP.

I think I keep my beat-up ol Elsie!

· Registered
1,509 Posts
I still carry mine when I'm not carrying something a little bigger.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Old "Faithful" is a valuable attribute in a CCW! That was my hesitation in trading in a proven faithful reliable model for an new one that very well could have problems....always a risk!

After reading through all the replies here, there's not a chance I'm trading it in!

I’m still on the fence when it comes to buying an LCPII, maybe this spring but in the meantime I’ll keep carrying old faithful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Character = good! My LCP looks the same; nice and worn but never rust!

I carry my LCP either as back up for my Shield or by itself. Unless I enter a different State (like NJ), it's always with me.

· Registered
2,466 Posts
Character = good! My LCP looks the same; nice and worn but never rust!

I carry my LCP either as back up for my Shield or by itself. Unless I enter a different State (like NJ), it's always with me.
Living next to the N.Y. and N.J. border is a pain in the butt . I can only go two directions and carry , west and south . No north or east . I avoid them at all costs if I can . If I turn right out of my road , I am a criminal . If I turn left , I'm a law abiding citizen .

· Registered
2,647 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
I have one original Gen 1 and three Gen 2s as backups in case they someday phase out the regular LCP. I normally carry the Gen 1 when I'm toting an LCP. Bought an LCPII and sold it quickly and I have no further interest in owning another.

If I could somehow trade my three Gen 2s for three Gen 1s I'd happily do so in a flash! In my opinion the Gen 2 was a solution in search of a problem, but I'm certain I'm in the minority.

Mtkfish had it dead nuts right in his post #5!

· Registered
60 Posts
Carry Gen 2 "Enhanced" AND still like it. Mtkfish is right about this gun's mission.

Tried Hogue Grip, found Talon Grip vastly better as the Hogue positions the "beavertail" right onto my thumb joint for a sharp rap with every round and is still slippery. With Talon Grip and extended mag the ergonomics are perfect for me and my groups tightened up.

I don't mind the long trigger pull - but a wider trigger with more heft would be nice - "Custom" trigger would be just right. Wish I could get one.

Practice one hand pointing - both eyes open 3 shot speed shooting, getting 3-5' groups now at 4 yds up from 3 on the way to five. Due to eyesight and trifocal lenses can't see the sights anyway. But with situational awareness, I am confident everywhere I go.

Really love the size and weight of this gun as I actually do carry it everywhere and every day.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts