Ruger Pistol Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had to take my mother to the emergency room four hours ago with anaphylaxis from the second shot. She is still at the hospital.

She is 80 something years old and has no allergies. But her face puffed up like a cartoon character with a seafood allergy reaction.

She decided that she was going to get the vaccine, and there was going to be no convincing her otherwise.

I expected that this will become like the worthless seasonal flu shot, annual, maybe bi-annual, or quarterly, before everyone would tell them to stick the whole deal as ineffective and pointless. I intended to just wait for that and avoid the whole thing.
But, they've proven to me that it is not a placebo and not benign.
People have worse reactions due to peanut allergies and I don't believe the reaction of your mother ( 80 something? you don't know how old she is?) is a good reason for ME not to be vaccinated. I have had both shots and now I am as prepared as that will make me to survive..your mileage may vary as they say.

·
Registered
15 Posts
People have worse reactions due to peanut allergies and I don't believe the reaction of your mother ( 80 something? you don't know how old she is?) is a good reason for ME not to be vaccinated. I have had both shots and now I am as prepared as that will make me to survive..your mileage may vary as they say.
She made up her mind and did what she wanted to do, and did it.
You made up your mind, and that's your right too.
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Just relating my experience.

So far, I have had to drive 0% of my family members to the hospital for the China flu, and I have had to drive100% of my family members who have been vaccinated, to the hospital, for adverse reactions to the vaccine.
Sorry, I am not good on birthdays, especially my own. I put a lot of effort into avoiding those subjects. I have enough trouble remembering the model year of my mother's car, which I have to ask each time I need to order parts.
She has no allergy to peanuts. I do remember she did have a reaction to a antibiotic, "amoxacilin" (and I have no idea how that is spelled).
She's not your blood relative, but she's mine, and whatever adverse reaction she had, falls under "family history" for me.
(By the way, she's recovering, thanks for expressing your concern. The doctors put her on steroids and say they are "mystified" [as is expected] as to the cause).

The story arc of this virus event followed a very well established pattern common to medicine shows and product marketing. Find a cure. Invent a disease or condition that it cures. Convince everyone they have the disease, sell the heck out of the cure, and get out of town before the rubes figure out it's a bottle of watered down whiskey or a syringe full of saline water. A real vaccine takes a decade to develop, testing and failures result in deaths (see polio), and this one was available almost immediately. Way too convenient, and way too lucrative.
But seeing a family member puff up like that, it's not saline. Whatever it is, it is being beta-tested in the field, and I have reasonable expectation that it will have the same effect on me.

For me, I don't have anyone else to depend on to drive me to the hospital, and I have to be available to drive others to the hospital.
Respect other people's choices they have made with the same level of thought and consideration you have devoted to making your own choices.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It seems we've reached the point that most of the people who want the vaccination have gotten it. Minds are made up. I've had my shots and it's none of my business really what others do. If enough people don't get the vaccination it will just take longer to develop herd immunity. More of the people who don't get the vaccination will have to catch the virus to develop immunity, or get it and die from it. I don't care which of those they do either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife and I, in our early 70's, got the Johnson and Johnson Trump Vaccine at the beginning of April. Wife had 0 side effects.

I was good for about 2 days and had elevated temperature and body aches when I woke up in the morning on the third day. Went back to bed and when I woke up 4 hours later, it was completely gone. Worked in my shop for the rest of the day. I did not die.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife and I, in our early 70's, got the Johnson and Johnson Trump Vaccine at the beginning of April. Wife had 0 side effects.

I was good for about 2 days and had elevated temperature and body aches when I woke up in the morning on the third day. Went back to bed and when I woke up 4 hours later, it was completely gone. Worked in my shop for the rest of the day. I did not die.

·
Registered
122 Posts
WOW! This is sure some encouraging news! 😝

That actually is very good news. At that point 100 million people had been vaccinated. Considering the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are 95 percent effective and the J&J only about 70 percent effective, that's a very low number. (y)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am 80+ and I had a mild reaction ( lethargy) to the second shot. I have heard a bromide (un-verified medical opinion) that the more harsh reactions mean that you would have had a more serious reaction to Covid but whatever..we are all where we want to be, vax..no vax.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts