Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Idaho after Feb. 1st those 65 and older can get the shot plus I am type 2 diabetic. My Doctor called me up and set up my appointment. I get my second shot next Saturday. I also read some here were having troubles getting vaccinated.
I know there are pro's and con's and for me the bottom line is I don't want to get sick. Denny

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
I am NOT going to get the vaccine shot because of all the bad side effects you can get, that they are not going to tell you about. Toytraindoc

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I had my second shot a week ago. Nothing bad but a sore arm for a few days and maybe a little funky feeling for a day or so.
I'm 69 and have emphysema plus my wife works in the health care field.
I've just seen to much bad stuff that this virus can do to you and don't want to take any chances.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Denny4kids

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was also concerned about the untold side effects. Unless there is something long term I feel fine after my first shot. They say the short term side effects are worse after the second shot. They also claim any side effects felt mean the vaccination is working. Den

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not yet. We're supposed to get it pretty soon as culinary workers are considered "Other Essential" 1C Priority. I did get a flu shot and a shingles shot with booster and I did stay at a Holiday Express last night. :cool:

Reactions: Denny4kids

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup, took both of mine. I'm a medical worker and have some health concerns so it was asap for me.
I worried like everyone else about the length of study but we've had endless man hours being poured into this 24/7 for the last year. And on the other worry people have "who knows what they put in it"... im pretty sure if "they" (im guessing they means the government?) Wanted to screw us with untold ingredients and effects there are millions of other easy ways they could do it. I mean they literally control our food, water, medicine.
Anyway, mild side effects. Short headache, weakness, and soreness but other than that I feel great and only lasted 1 day with each shot. Things ain't going back to normal til enough get it, not to mention we're in a race against new variants. Once this evolves we got problems.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here in Idaho after Feb. 1st those 65 and older can get the shot plus I am type 2 diabetic. My Doctor called me up and set up my appointment. I get my second shot next Saturday. I also read some here were having troubles getting vaccinated.
I know there are pro's and con's and for me the bottom line is I don't want to get sick. Denny
I am 68 I have received both of the Covid 19 Vaccinations now one in Jan 21 & one in Feb 21 with no side effects other than a sore arm the next day but that went away in a day. No sickness or illness. Thank You Pfizer & President Trump for fast tracking this Vaccination to the Veterans Hospitals .

·
Premium Member
My favorite firearm will always be my Ruger Standard with sights painted white by my grandfather
33 Posts
I am NOT going to get the vaccine shot because of all the bad side effects you can get, that they are not going to tell you about. Toytraindoc
Same. I'm praying my vaccinated family members don't get burned for being good little boys and girls.

·
Registered
LCPII
5 Posts
I’ve had both shots. First was a “piece of cake”, not even a sore arm. The second was not so easy, 24 hr. headache and an achy body. If that’s all I have to endure, it was worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Np problems here in Las Vegas. I got my 2nd shot last Thursday at our local Walgreens. In and out within 30 minutes, including the 15 minute 'observation' period. No side effects except for a little soreness in the arm. I'm 86 years old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in Houston, TX and 74 years old. I don't have anyone to take care of me so I felt I should take it. I had the first shot about three weeks and will take the second one on March 5. They gave me the Pfizer vaccine. They were giving that and the other one that starts with an "M". I didn't get a choice and am not sure how they decided who gets which one. I had to wait 15 minutes after the shot to see if I had any bad effects. The ones who took the "M" shot had to wait 30 minutes after the shot. = Thank you President Trump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts