Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
LCP® 380Auto, LC9® 9x19, Blackhawk® x2 41 Magnum
50 Posts
That is true for SOME handgun ammo like the most common which is 9mm. Not so true for revolver ammunition.

Reactions: LMB

· Registered
16 Posts
That is true for SOME handgun ammo like the most common which is 9mm. Not so true for revolver ammunition.
Hunting ammo in my corner of the world is still almost double the price of a few years ago. This is primarily because Walmart no longer handles a wide variety of ammo. 308win, 243win, 270win and 30-06 used to be $14.00 a box only 4 years ago and now would be luck to get them for less than $30.00 a box. 30-30 are a little cheaper but not much. My favorite deer cartridge 300sav are running about $55 a box. Thankfully I handload.

· Registered
88 Posts
I finally figured out that I am located next to a border with an anti-Second Amendment state, and our retailers keep the prices high because they get steady traffic of out-of-staters who will buy everything available for whatever inflated price they ask.

I was hunting down online sale prices for one last box of ammo to get to what I consider fully stocked (don't buy any more until you use some at the range). Missed sales at the end of August and September, and at the beginning of November, the regular price moved down to the same as what the sale prices were over the summer.

I'd have said "Murphy's law, ammo prices dropped because I'm not buying, you're all welcome.". But joetato-46 shot off his mouth this morning that he intends to push through his assault rifle ban. So, I expect another run on all things firearm related and another jump in prices.

A couple retailers got shipments of primers, and sold out immediately. The change from none for two years to intermittent availability cut down the scalper prices. But there still aren't enough that anyone can keep them in stock.

· Registered
9 Posts
It hasn't gone down much. Target 9mm has hung around $0.35 per round all year. I'm seeing some sales at Christmas for $0.29 per round.
I just ordered and received both 9 mm and .223 from LAXAMMO at good prices, free shipping and in well made (hard/pliable plastic) ammo cans. 24 cents/round for the 9 mm. It is reloaded brass, but the cases have a 'like new' appearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts