Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been months since anyone posted about the RAP. Looks like it never really caught on, and other than being another Johnny come lately, I don't understand why as it's a pretty good pistol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Old thread, but saw it and figured to chime in. I’ve a full size and compact RAP, both 9mm and purchased early 2020 before the rush. I also have a 9mm SR9 and some other pistols including those of Austrian and German manufacture. I like the RAPs as well as their more expensive foreign made counterparts. Mine have been reliable, easy to clean and have a quality feel about them. I’ve really been impressed with the smoothness of the slides. I’m just as poor a shooter with less expensive pistols as more expensive ones🤓

·
Registered
59 Posts
Full sized 9mm RAP here. One of the better shooting 9’s in my collection. Shoots great and never a hiccup. What else would you want it to do? Just a crowded market I think (when there were guns to be had).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agree that the RAP is part of a very crowded and competitive market. For me, it is not very different in a quality/practical way from the H&K and Glock 9mm pistols I own . However, purchase price was significantly lower. I also have a Taurus G3, which I also like - even with its different trigger. Maybe the Ruger name doesn’t carry the same panache as some European brands among the cork sniffing crowd, but I enjoy all of them. Perhaps the Ruger American Pistol will remain a bit of a secret. We can lift our afternoon tea with two fingers and provide a polite grin as others gush about what they paid for their most recent European acquisition. ☕

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 9mm striker pistol serves a very utilitarian role for me. My 2018 full size RAP is just the ticket for $100 less than my others. It's a great, stable platform, and my only regret is that Ruger never produced them in 40S&W.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts