Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how-to-cross-draw.jpg

From the Alien Gear Holsters Blog: The Pros and Cons of Cross Draw

Cross draw has hit some heavy criticism in online gun forums. Competition shooters have largely shewed the idea altogether because it adds milliseconds to their time. Serious minded gun owners may have followed suit – but for a different reason..

Continue reading at: Pros and Cons of Cross Drawing From A Holster - Alien Gear Holsters Blog

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
From the Alien Gear Holsters Blog: The Pros and Cons of Cross Draw

Cross draw has hit some heavy criticism in online gun forums. Competition shooters have largely shewed the idea altogether because it adds milliseconds to their time.

I have an Alien Gear holster and like it a lot.

The reason we don't use cross draw in competition is because it is against the rules. When you cross draw, the weapon breaks the 180 and sweeps the shooters behind you. Den

Reactions: Bgoff689

·
Super Moderator
4,600 Posts
I have an Alien holster and my son has a Alien holster and we both like it a lot. I truly believe it's the best holster ever made.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cross draw is standard for SASS shooters.
#1 - few carry at 9 o'clock, rather the holster is somewhere between 10 + 11, almost an appendix carry. (try reaching a cross draw clear over on the hip, most of us don't have that long of arm)
#2 - a slight twist while drawing ensures you don't even come close to 180

I prefer cross draw for concealed carry, as in #1 above. Try drawing from a right hip, seated in the car, buckled in, seat belt buckle in the way, console in the way. My pickup with a bench seat is not too bad, both cars I cannot reach the gun, let alone bring it into play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts