Ruger Pistol Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
If anyone wants a better trigger on their Gen 1 or Gen 2 Lcp's I suggest getting a new Gen II Lcp. To me the trigger is just right. I'm not for modifying a self defense pocket pistol such as the Lcp.
Let me clarify my comment...I have a Handall Hogue Hybrid grip on my Lcp's and a couple of them have Crimson Trace laser sights. I have even put sparkle finger nail polish on a couple front sights. I installed these items for Better control, aim and sights. I was not happy with the Loooong trigger pull of the Gen 1 Lcp so I sold it. I can accept the shorter trigger pull of the Gen 2's so I kept them. To me, the Lcp II is as good as it gets But I still installed a Hogue grip.

It's your gun so you will have to decide what is best for you. Elsie is made for Self Defense at close range...up to 5 yards.

If my Lcp's have an issue it will NOT be caused by my add-on's and I can return to Ruger for repair.

Respectfully, saltair

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased my LCP just weeks before the new ( what Ruger calls a Gen 2) came out. I didn't like the trigger but it was better then the early model. And, far better than the S&W Bodyguard. Then I fired a friend's new Gen 2. You won't believe the difference. I like the sights, it locks back on the last round and has what feels like a 5 lb trigger. Not being able to just get a new gun I decided to order and install a Fort Wayne Tactical 5.5 trigger kit. Still not a Gen 2 but I am satisfied with the trigger. I'll take it to the range on Thursday. I'm not a great shot but with my 1911 I can stay inside a 3" group at 10 yards, but I was all over the place with my LPC. I'll let you know how it shoots.

Took it to the range and was getting some light hits on some ammo.(Only Sellier & Bellot.) everything else worked great. The spring kit came with two hammer springs one for a 5.5 lb trigger and one for a 6.5 lb trigger. Changer to the 6.5 spring and the gun will now shoot anything.
At 10 yards I can now keep the rounds in a 4.5" circle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the Ruger engineers have decided to do an upgrade on their original design (making it more user friendly) then my fiddling with my personal arm is a non issue... Hello guys, there are a lot of factory personal defense guns out there with adjustable triggers. They are not target guns or race guns either, they are every day carry guns. If someone comes out with an LCP sized 1911 chambered in .380acp that I can carry cocked and locked I'd trade it in a minute. In the mean time the DAO trigger on my Gen1 LCP with an upgraded user friendly Sweet Pea Trigger is MY choice. Seriously the trigger is just as hard to pull it just has a little bit of take up removed from the equation prior to the actual engagement of the sear. Ya, I'd call a few of you guys out as "Party Poopers"... but then I also think outside of the box.
Kimberly micro

·
Registered
77 Posts
I assume the screw directly under the trigger is for adjusting the travel.... Has anyone done this or have any reason not to? I know the long heavy trigger pull is the gun's only safety.... My holster fully covers the trigger and I rarely carry with one in the chamber unless I happen to be driving thru a shady area or something.... View attachment 7626
You should have a round in the chamber the gun is useless without a round in the chamber . Every place is a shady area should be your attitude ,The trigger if it's not broken don't try to fix it ! You are most likely to be a victim with a useless unloaded gun in your pocket.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Let me clarify my comment...I have a Handall Hogue Hybrid grip on my Lcp's and a couple of them have Crimson Trace laser sights. I have even put sparkle finger nail polish on a couple front sights. I installed these items for Better control, aim and sights. I was not happy with the Loooong trigger pull of the Gen 1 Lcp so I sold it. I can accept the shorter trigger pull of the Gen 2's so I kept them. To me, the Lcp II is as good as it gets But I still installed a Hogue grip.

It's your gun so you will have to decide what is best for you. Elsie is made for Self Defense at close range...up to 5 yards.

If my Lcp's have an issue it will NOT be caused by my add-on's and I can return to Ruger for repair.

Respectfully, saltair
I have the Hogue handall Beavertail grip and it improves the looks and feel of the pistol , and it tames the recoil of the .380 also.
Here is a photo of my Ruger LCP II .22 LR Pistol.This Grip helps position your trigger finger in the proper place on the trigger so you don't
pull your shots to the Left or the Right SEE THE TWO DIAGRAMS BELOW.

·
Registered
948 Posts
For someone with larger hands or longer fingers, the extra thickness of the grip sleeve makes a big difference. This might be especially true in a stressful fast moving situation.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts