Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about this in the Feb. 6 shotgun news magazine and also on the net. You buy an LCP with a longer than 6 inch barrel and a modified mag. that accepts no rounds and after the sale is final, you walk out the store door, turn around, walk back in the store and they change it back for you. The store owner says he has a waiting list and there is no law against this practice. There are also loopholes for owning AK's, AR's and such in Ca. Here is a poor photo of a single shot LCP before the gun store changes it back to stock for you. Denny.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Hmmm..........I wonder what law California will come up with to stop the practice.... :eek:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
TRIGGER_1 said:
Hmmm..........I wonder what law California will come up with to stop the practice.... :eek:
If CA does, they got more tax payer money than they need to do so.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
California has so many laws its hard to keep up with..... :eek:

I guess thats why so many gun dealers will not send guns to California..... ::)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think its cool, not cause California can own an LCP, but if it is a functional barrel, which it would have to be, to shoot one round out of that means there is potential for someone to cut the barrel down and thread for a suppressor! thats what i like!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Reminds me of a law in Indiana a few years back. As the story goes there was a law that said anyone riding a motorcycle had to wear an approved helmet. So people wore them on their arms, knees, etc. Then they changed the law to say anyone riding a motorcycle had to wear an approved helmet on their head. Then later they did away with the helmet law all together. Job security for the politicians I guess.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Denny4kids said:
I read about this in the Feb. 6 shotgun news magazine and also on the net. You buy an LCP with a longer than 6 inch barrel and a modified mag. that accepts no rounds and after the sale is final, you walk out the store door, turn around, walk back in the store and they change it back for you. The store owner says he has a waiting list and there is no law against this practice. There are also loopholes for owning AK's, AR's and such in Ca. Here is a poor photo of a single shot LCP before the gun store changes it back to stock for you. Denny.
Yup thats true. But You will rent it. Not that they will just let you borrow it after the sale.
Once you decided to buy the LCP, You have to RENT first the conversion barrel (no need for the magazine). After 10 days you come back and get out of the door. Once the door close, You go back again and they will return the original barrel of your newly bought LCP.
Rent is about $15 to $25.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.