Ruger Pistol Forums banner

A few of my EDC Knives.....

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  warthog 
#1 ·
Here's my regular folders...

A few of my basic switchblades...

and finally, a few of my OTF autos...

As of July last year we here in Indiana are able to carry auto opening knives. I have been collecting them to keep around the house for some years. I take one of my autos and one of my regular folders plus my usual Black Bear Classic with me each day along with the two guns (An SR40 open carry and my S&W Shield 40 as a BUG on my ankle). What happens with the regular folders is I have a bunch of them so I keep a bx by the door of those I will carry as the mood hits me near the door. That I use for my tasks like cutting strings or opening packages and envelopes. Once the year is up the box of knives are either given to my nephews or go into the Big Drawer o' Blades. I only carry the Lightning OTF's now as I don't want my Microtechs for get too messed up. The regular switchblades I do the same as the OTF's. I carry one or the other and of the switchblades I usually carry one of my AK74's, I have many more than shown (the one shown is a special damascus blade that is new this year and isn't carried)

There you are, I guess I take my knives as seriously as I do my guns. :chuncky:

one day I will show off some of my fixed blades too. I love daggers so there are a bunch of those... :positive:

See less See more
#5 ·
All you guys have a SWEET collection of knives. :thumbup:

#9 ·
This is called the Guardfather and is a single action type of OTF so it is deployed with a swich and then has to be cocked (manually push back in) again. They cost under $20 but they do sell fast. They also come in many other colors than Black but at the time it was the one in stock. For collectors, the other colors sell much faster than the black so buy them first if your money is limited. And now more pix...

These are cool in that they might pass for a really thick pen. If you are an engineer, architect or technical drawing person though it does pass for a mechanical drafting pencil. My friend who draws plans for things carries one so that is how I know. The button can be protected for accidental pressing by rotating the pocket clip. LMK if you want more pix of this or any of them. I like taking pix of my stuff. :wub:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.