Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting in my Ground Blind with my Benjamin Prowler .22 Caliber Air Rifle Yesterday Morning about 8:50 AM 40 yards from the Feeder and a group of Hogs came out of the woods 30 yards from me and a Large truck past by on the roadway 150 Yards away and the pigs turned and went back into the woods but after the truck past by they turned to come back to the feeder and this one came with in 30 yards of me and I took aim just behind it's ear and fired dropped this 75 Pound Wild Boar Hog in its tracks it kicked its hind legs for a while then expired. I then Loaded it up and taken to be processed into Links, Ribs , Pork chops , Butts , Hams.

To date I have killed 375 Hogs on this Property Since August 2020 no sooner than I kill off one Sounder another Sounder Moves in . There is thousands of acres of pine forest being harvested in the area putting the Hogs on the move .This is a Mixed breed Domestic Pig & Russian Boar .I have taken some 300 & 400 Pound Hogs with a .22LR Ruger 10 /22 Rifle. The Largest Hog I've killed to date was a 585 Pound Sow Domestic Breed Feral Hog I used the 5.56 / .223 AR-15 55 grain SOFT POINT . I prefer the 9mm carbine rifle & 357 Mag Lever Rifle at 90 yards over bait .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very impressive nice to see real world air gun results. would love to do that if you ever need any help let me know.
Are you in South Carolina ? I don't recommend hunting Wild Boar with an Air Rifle , Feral Hogs are Dangerous and Attack & seriously Injure people more than you know, I had a .357 Mag carbine rifle to back up my Air Gun also a Springfield XDM 9MM Pistol on my Hip in case of the pellet only wounding the Hog and it attacking me as I was in a Ground Blind , For the most part I still hunt 50 to 90 yards from a bait pile atop a 25' ladder stand it's the safest way . I just killed the Boar with the Air Gun to prove the .22LR Rimfire and the Air Rifle is just as deadly as any other caliber that's it's all about Range / Distance , Velocity , Shot placement if it can put down a Wild Boar it can put down a Human being . The .22 caliber 14 grain Pellet leaves the muzzle at 975 FPS it traveled 30 yards that's 90 feet and it still penetrated the Hogs Skull and entered the Hogs brain totally Incapacitating hog until it expired with in minutes. I would say the Velocity was about 750 FPS at 30 yards 90 feet when the .22 caliber 14 grain pellet went thru the Hogs Hide skull & Brain the pellet stopped in the skull on the opposite side of entry .Morrel the story many people underestimate the Power of the Air Rifle & Rim Fire and view them as Harmless Toy's but in reality are deadly as any other fire arm or caliber. I have killed well over 100 Hog's with just a single shot from a Ruger 10 /22 rifle with the CCI Velocitor .22LR 40 grain copper plated hollow point at 1435 fps at ranges from 50 to 90 yards away and also 44 Coyotes with shots from 50 to 100 yards way with the same rifle and ammo. Proof the .22 LR Rim Fire Rifle & Air Rifle are Deadly and can kill its all about Velocity , Distance / Range & Shot Placement .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have no plans to shoot one with an airgun.out here in arizona we dont have a lot of hogs to shoot we have nasty smelling javalinas there not worth eating.
I just used an AIRRIFLE to prove it could be done a Deer or Coyote at the same distance would have been the same results. I have never hunted the skunk Pigs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts