Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried 4 different places this weekend to pick up a few extra boxes of ammo. Every place I tried was sold out of WWB .380. I even looked on CTD, they are sold out also. A few places had a couple boxes of other brands but afraid to try, seeing that WWB works well for me. It may be time to look into started to reload. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Hey Rob....
I think the shortage must be nation wide. At the last gunshow it was very scarce. There were three large ammo dealers there and they ran out of .380 of all brands by noon the first day. Could be that all the manufacturers were all geared up to make rifle ammo for this falls rifle seasons. You don't think it could be caused by the introduction of the LCP do ya? A lot of new .380 owners buying a lot of ammo. Stranger things have happened......

SK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
it's already started......... gov't control of ammo production...... ;)

don't let this out to the media or there will be panic buying. Still plenty around my area...... u no us ******** only want the .9 or .45
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
The only .380 ammo I can't find in Utah is Hollowpoints, everything else is out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Same story up here in New England, every time I go looking I find maybe a single box of .380 on the shelf, so I just buy it when I see it, it not really a problem for me but for someone that shoots 200 rounds per weekend I could see where they might get frustrated at this.

Nietz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Walmart got to be the largest retailer in the world because of price,customer service and stocking that which we want to purchase. I purchase my Winchester 380, 100 in a box from Walmart. Sad but the days of small farmers, small shoe shops, small hardware stores, small grocery stores and small gas stations are forever gone. I realize thats what is wrong with the USA today but is anyone going to change the trend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Walmart was one of the places that was out of the .380 :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
RobR369 said:
Walmart was one of the places that was out of the .380 :(
My wal mart today did not have any 9mm 100 pak winchester either. First time I have seen that in over a year. the sporting goods manager said they have had a big run on center fire ammo lately..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Where in Kansas you at, Red? Right here where I'm typing this in my hacienda in the county seat it's at least 60 miles to the nearest Walmart. We got a small grocery store (1), a hardware store (1), a lumberyard (1), a gun shop (1), a bar, a couple of eateries, and a whole bunch of small (1,000 acres or less, including pasture) farmers. Rural America still lives!

T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Perhaps the sudden popularity of .380 has caught the ammo makers off-guard?
Several years ago, no one had a .380, maybe a few Walther, etc. It was not a high demand cartridge. With Kel-Tec, LCP, etc. coming out with their pocket guns and popularity, I think the ammo guys were overwhelmed. And, they were not prepared/expecting the demand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jocko said:
RobR369 said:
Walmart was one of the places that was out of the .380 :(
My wal mart today did not have any 9mm 100 pak winchester either. First time I have seen that in over a year. the sporting goods manager said they have had a big run on center fire ammo lately..
Jocko, where in Indiana are you, The Walmart I go to is in Indiana, and they were out of the 9mm also, was it the Walmart in Schererville?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Just wait till the government makes it illegal to sell any ammo period for hand guns, and then limits shotguns and rifels to a couple of "HUNTING BOXES" per year, kept track on a federal computer via social security numbers

Think that can't happen?? better think again folks

JS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I got the last 2 boxes of .380 at a local sporting goods store today. Bought 2 boxes of .40 as well, but they had more of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I tried again today at 3 other places including Cabelas, all 3 out of .380 ammo. I was talking to the guy behind the counter at Cabelas about it, and like he said," Wait, it isnt going to get any better."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
RobR369 said:
Well, I tried again today at 3 other places including Cabelas, all 3 out of .380 ammo. I was talking to the guy behind the counter at Cabelas about it, and like he said," Wait, it isnt going to get any better."
Time to buy reloading equipment and supplies, that's going to be getting hard to find next... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
Mike, I just came back from a major gun show today and it was clear there is a run not only on factory ammo but on reloading components as well. I stocked on on powder and primers and will again start shooting cast lead in my .45 ACP's to save money. I think it is only going to get worse. .380 Golden Saber has been be back order at Midway for some time just as one example. The rising cost of brass and copper due to worldwide demand combined with the uncertainties of Obama has folks nervous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
kraigster414 said:
Mike, I just came back from a major gun show today and it was clear there is a run not only on factory ammo but on reloading components as well. I stocked on on powder and primers and will again start shooting cast lead in my .45 ACP's to save money. I think it is only going to get worse. .380 Golden Saber has been be back order at Midway for some time just as one example. The rising cost of brass and copper due to worldwide demand combined with the uncertainties of Obama has folks nervous.
was no 380, 9mm or 45 ammo at a very smallgun show I attened today either, nary a round. no Rugers either SR9, lcp or big rugers., lots of people very few buyers..

My local Wal-Mart is even out of 100 pak 9mm wwb..


I have bought a 1000 rounds of 380 ammo about 3 months ago, ..
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top