Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my SR 22 pistol and I’m having trouble getting .22LR cartridges into the magazine. The rim on the cartridge won’t fit into the magazine. I am trying Winchester wildcat .22LR and also Aguila .22LR ammo but neither fit into the magazine. Is there a trick to loading it into the magazine? Is there a certain type of .22LR ammunition that I should be using?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Welcome to the forum Frank! I would google the question. Den

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the video. I wasn’t able to find a good video after googling so I appreciate the help. It is definitely not the same as loading my .380 or 9mm mags. I was able to get the ammo into the mag after watching the video but had to use a slight twisting method on the cartridge. I see that the cartridges aren’t sitting perfectly in alignment and straight in the mag so hopefully they will fire okay. I’ll find out tomorrow!

·
Registered
337 Posts
i've used the ammo you stated in my sr22 and never had any issues with loading them into the magazines ... is it that way on all the magazines?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I find the SR22 mags to be the easiest loading mags I own. Hard loading would tell me something's wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts